|
吉娜去找文斯路过自己的隔间
Zina: I think it's time for me to meet my admirer and make him face the music.
吉娜: 我想该是跟仰慕者碰面的时候了,好让他面对现实。
Dave: You do? How are you going to 1) contact him?
戴夫: 真的?你要怎么联络上他?
Zina: I'm leaving him a message 2) taped to my computer screen.
吉娜: 我要留张纸条给他,贴在我的电脑屏幕上。
Dave: What does it say? Do you think he'll see it?
戴夫: 上面要写什么?你觉得他会看到吗?
Zina: He'll see it. It says, like sweets. / Meet me at 2:30 in the parking lot.
吉娜: 他会看到的。上面写着:“我喜欢甜头。/两点半停车场见。”
Dave: Can I 3) spy on you guys from the window?
戴夫: 我可以从窗户偷看你们会面吗?
Zina: No. But I'll fill you in later. Right now I have to find Vince.
吉娜: 不可以。不过我之后会把过程跟你说。现在我得要去找文斯。
语言详解
A: Have you contacted the office today?
你今天有跟公司联络吗?
B: No. I'm taking the day off.
没有。我今天放假。
【face the music 面对现实】
做一件事或做一个决定,不管是好是坏,都要承担起后果,时候到了,都得要 face the music“面对现实”。
A: Murder, dealing drugs...It's time for you to face the music.
谋杀、贩毒……你面对现实的时候到了。
B: I don't know what you are talking about, officer. You don't have any proof.
我不知道你在说什么,警官。你没有任何证据。
[1] [2] 下一页 【已有很多网友发表了看法,点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂,点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页】
|