艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡机前碰面
Mary: There's just one 1) catch. Zina asked me to let you know.
玛莉: 只是有个难题。吉娜要我让你知道。
Elvin: What?
艾文: 什么?
Mary: She 2) promised that we'd be ready to start 3) tracking the Stars.com web site by the end of next week.
玛莉: 她承诺我们会在下星期结束之前,准备好开始监控Stars.com的网站流量。
Elvin: What!? It'll be a 4) miracle if we're ready by the end of the month! Is she crazy?
艾文: 什么!?我们在月底前能准备好就是奇迹了!她疯了不成?
Mary: Yes, I think she is just a little bit crazy.
玛莉: 对,我觉得她是有点疯。
Elvin: Crazy is too kind. 5) Insane is more like it. Nuts! Wacko! Psycho!
艾文: 疯这个字还太仁慈。说是丧心病狂还差不多。神经病!怪胎!心理变态!
语言详解
A: Do you believe in life after death?
你相信来生吗?
B: No. I don't believe in miracles.
不。我不相信奇迹。
【be more like it.…倒还更贴切】
当我们在形容一个人或是一件东西的时候,常常在大家七嘴八舌之后,却还是不够传神,没有点出精髓,这时若你想到了绝佳的形容方法,你就可以用上这个句型...is more like it.“……还更贴切。”
A: Jane is a little shy.
珍有一点害羞。
B: A turtle hiding in her shell is more like it.
说她是缩头乌龟还更贴切。
[1] [2] 下一页 【已有很多网友发表了看法,点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂,点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页】
|