| 
 
 A fifth bargaining chip could be to alter the schedule of payments. Because this is frequently done in construction contracts, I changed the scene to that type of job for this dialog. 
第五个可以用来议价的筹码是改变原订的付款日期。因为在工程合约中这种情况常常发生,所以我在这个对话中,稍微将工作场景修改了一下。 
Mel:There you go. Everything just like you requested, except the price. 
好了,一切都合你的意了,除了价格以外。 
Bill:Why not the price? 
为什么价格不行? 
Mel:Well,your terms require me to carry the cost of everything and wait for my payment until 30 days after the work is completed. 
这个嘛,你的条件是要我全额负担开销,直到完工后一个月才能取款。 
Bill:That's right. 
没错。 
I wnat to be sure everything is done right before I pay you off, otherwise you might not response to my call back to complete the punch list. 
我想确定全部完善后才付款,不然,一出问题你可能就不会回复了。 
Mel:I can understand that, but in the meantime I have to cover the cost of materials and payroll for your job. 
我了解你的顾虑,但是我还要负担你的材料费和工人的薪资。 
The increase in to cover the cost of a short-term loan I have to get to stay in business while you wait and make sure. 
为了等你那一个月,我可能要周转贷款,打平经营费用;所以反应给你的就是涨价。 
Bill:How about if I alter the deal to 50% upon substantial completion and 50% within 30 days? 
那我改成大致完工后就付一半,完工一个月再付一半呢? 
Mel:Still the same. 
还是一样。 
I'll got to have some front money to buy supplies,and no more than 10% retained pending final inspection. 
我一定要有前置费去买原料、补给品,所以在你检查确定前,顶多可以扣押10%的尾款。 
Bill:Then,how do I know you'll come back and finish the job? 
那我怎么知道你会不会把工作做完? 
Mel:You have my word. 
我跟你保证。 
That's enough for most people. 
通常大家听我这么说就够了。 
Bill:Okay, then, how's this. 
好,这样吧。 
I buy the materials and have them delivered here, and I retain 15% for up to 30 days after the punch list. 
我负责买材料,并运送到这里;完工后,我会扣百分之十五的尾款,一个月后付清。 
I'll give you the rest upon substantial completion ,so you can make your payroll. 
只要大部分完工,我就先付百分之八十五,这样你就可以会工人的薪水了。 
Mel: All right. 
好吧。 
I'll do it for nothing up front,but you buy the supplies,and pay me everything except 15% retainage,upon substantial completion. 
这样没有前置费,我也可以动工。但你得负责购买材料,在工作大致完成后,你要支付百分之八十五的货款,扣押款不得超过15%。 
Bill: Done! 
成交! 
Vocabulary重要词汇 
punch list后续表单(工程中指完工后的需整改的记录) 
payroll薪资总额 
alter改变 
front money预付之订金 
retainage尾款(工程中指保修金之类的预留金) 
   【已有很多网友发表了看法,点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂,点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页】
             |